A Goat book, I got.

The Goat Handbook (Barron's Pet Handbooks) I got The Goat Handbook (Barron's Pet Handbooks) to learn about which goats will be best for my purposes, and to learn how to take care of them. I would give this book a 2 out of 5. I really don't like how the author says things, I swear to god they are huge Yoda fans from Star Wars. Which is why I titled this post the way I did. But I feel like they don't go into enough depth with things such as breeds. The one breed I really want (Myotonic Goats which are fainting goats) they didn't even mention. They only mention one to two breeds that are good for major purposes for keeping goats(milk, meat, hair, and pets). But I did learn that this is the only hoofed farm animal, and actually any animal in this family, that can stand on their hind legs. The other one in their family is the Antelope. They are not as scared of the things around them as sheep are. They are also a weeder not a lawn mower like sheep are. The like to find the best food, instead of sheep just eat whats right in front of them. I learned much more of course, but those are the facts that seemed most interesting.


2 comments posted:

Jenn said...

Interesting info. I should have my husband read this about what goat to get.

Ashley Rae said...

I don't suggest reading this book, but this book should really help you http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Keeping-Goats-Ultimate-Guide/dp/161608300X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313266735&sr=8-1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...